The amendment of the Federal Act on Compulsory Social Measures and Placements prior to 1981 (CSMPA) removed the legal deadline originally set for submitting applications for the solidarity contribution (31 March 2018). Parliament passed the amendment on 19 June 2020 and the revised law came into force on 1 November 2020. This means that applications for the solidarity contribution can now be made at any time, provided the compulsory social measures and placements were ordered or took place before 1981. The necessary forms and explanatory guide are available here. Applications are processed in order of priority: applications from seriously ill persons or those over 75 are processed first , and all other applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
The Federal Act on Compulsory Social Measures and Placements prior to 1981 (CSMPA) provides the legal basis for payments to be made to the victims. In particular, it provides for what is known as a ‘solidarity contribution’. This is intended as an acknowledgement of the injustice suffered by the victims, as well as being an expression of social solidarity.
The Act originally stipulated that the persons concerned could submit applications for a period of 12 months after the Act came into force, i.e. until the end of March 2018. However, a large number of people submitted applications after that date. The National Council and the Council of States therefore decided to lift the deadline for submitting applications for a solidarity contribution under the Act. Consequently, those concerned will now be able to submit an application for as long as they live.
The revised Act came into force on 1 November 2020.
You will find the most important information on the solidarity contribution and on the application procedure in the instructions shown below. (These documents are not available in English)
- Gesuchsformular Solidaritätsbeitrag (PDF, 201 kB, 17.09.2020)
- Formulaire pour une demande de contribution de solidarité (PDF, 204 kB, 17.09.2020)
- Modulo di domanda per il contributo di solidarietà (PDF, 309 kB, 17.09.2020)
- Wegleitung zum Gesuchsformular Solidaritätsbeitrag (PDF, 834 kB, 29.06.2020)
- Guide explicatif : Formulaire pour une demande de contribution de solidarité (PDF, 843 kB, 30.06.2020)
- Guida esplicativa al modulo di domanda per il contributo di solidarietà (PDF, 849 kB, 02.07.2020)
- Merkblatt für Opfer (PDF, 567 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Notice à l'intention des victimes (PDF, 551 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Promemoria per le vittime (PDF, 552 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Merkblatt für Behörden (PDF, 563 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Notice à l'intention des autorités (PDF, 554 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Promemoria per le autorità (PDF, 556 kB, 05.06.2020)
- Informationsschreiben des Bundesamtes für Sozialversicherungen: Nichtberücksichtigung des Solidaritätsbeitrags bei der Berechnung von Ergänzungsleistungen (PDF, 110 kB, 29.06.2020)
- Lettre d’information de l’Office fédéral des assurances sociales : Prise en compte de la contribution de solidarité dans la fortune des bénéficiaires de prestations complémentaires (PDF, 111 kB, 29.06.2020)
- Lettera d’informazione dell’ Ufficio federale delle assicurazioni sociali. Contributo di solidarietà. Calcolo delle prestazioni complementari (PDF, 106 kB, 29.06.2020)
You can also order hard copies of these documents from the Federal Office of Justice, the cantonal contact points or your local cantonal archives.
Adressliste / Liste d'adresses / Elenco degli indirizzi (PDF, 333 kB, 22.11.2021)
(This document is not available in English)
Electronic mailbox - (for cantonal contact points only - for the delivery of documents from the archives):
Last modification 19.11.2020